Tracking Comments in Cells

Davers

Sep 13, 2002, 4:02:34 PM9/13/02
Ok...bear with me, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to explain my
question, but here it goes. Basically, I need to have all the cells that
have comments in them print and/or be listed on a seperate sheet. For
instance, I'm tracking data over a period of time, and anytime there is a
shift in data greater than 10%, a comment has to be entered as to what the
possible reason was for the shift. What cells have the variance fluxuates
from week to week, so the cells that have comments are not the same cells
from the previous week...How am I doing so far??? :-) Is it possible to
somehow search for all comments and then print? And if so is it possible to
do it through more than one sheet at a time??

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks,

DaveM.

Jason Morin

Sep 13, 2002, 5:14:07 PM9/13/02
Here are a couple of ways to access/print your comments:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#PrintComments
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

>.

Dick Kusleika

Sep 13, 2002, 5:38:14 PM9/13/02
DaveM

The sub below will cycle through the sheets and through all the cell on the
sheets and for any that have comments will list them out on another sheet
named Comments. Post back if this is not what you were looking for.

Sub ListComms()

Dim cell As Range
Dim sh As Worksheet
Dim csh As Worksheet

Set csh = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Comments")

For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
If sh.Name <> csh.Name Then
For Each cell In sh.UsedRange
If Not cell.Comment Is Nothing Then
With csh.Range("a65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
.Value = sh.Name & " " & cell.Address
.Offset(0, 1).Value = cell.Comment.Text
End With
End If
Next cell
End If
Next sh

End Sub

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

Post all replies to the newsgroup.

"Davers" <dav...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

William

Sep 13, 2002, 10:30:46 PM9/13/02
Hi Davers

XL2002
File>PageSetUp>Sheet
Option to print comments, etc

If you want to print only the comments and not the sheet, hide the print
area first and then go to print.
--

Regards

William