View path AND file name in header or cell.

kst...@ici.net

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98
Do you know of a way to view both the path and file name either on the title bar while working in an Excel 97 file OR view path and file in a cell in the document.  I know you can put the path in a cell with =INFO("directory") and you can put the file name in a header but why can't you put the file name in a cell also.
Looking for a way to easily identify files as they are worked on when I have a number of files named the same thing but stored in different directories for different departments.
Thanks,
Kari

DMcRitchie

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

Kari,
Perhaps the following will answer your question about including pathname in a
CELL, and other questions that you might think of later. (I use XL95 so
this is basically for XL95)

http://members.aol.com/dmcritchie/excel/footing.htm

I don't think your text quite matches your subject title. At least I think of
a header as being printed, and you seem be asking for pathname to appear on the
Titlebar in Excel -- I doubt that you can do that but I agree it would it
certainly would be an improvement.

Please use plain ASCII text only -- don't use MIME.

HTH,
David McRitchie DMcRi...@aol.com

Graham Tooley

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

Kari,
I use
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
in an auto_open macro
hope this helps
Graham Tooley