PRINTING CELL COMMENTS

James Sawtelle

Nov 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/12/99
Is there a way to get a printout the "Comments" (the red-flaged notes about
a cell) that are in a worksheet?

Please, any assistance would be great!

Thank you,
Jimmy

Tim Zych

Nov 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/12/99
James:

this option is available in Page Setup -> Sheet tab -> Comments (dropdown).

Tim

--
Tim Zych
tim...@hotmail.com

David McRitchie

Nov 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/12/99
and if you want to know the cells that the comments apply to you must chose
to print the row and column headers (numbers & letters) option also on the
sheet options or the cell reference will not be included. A choice made
by developers that is more logical than practical.

Tim Zych <tim...@hotmail.com>

> this option is available in Page Setup -> Sheet tab -> Comments (dropdown).

> tim...@hotmail.com

Nick Hodge

Nov 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/13/99
Tim

I posted this back in July. It may help. It prints cell comments out to a
text file, with their address

---------Posted 1 July 1999 by N.Hodge------------

Create a text file on your desktop, (or change the reference in the code),
called test.txt and run the code below.

This will write each comment, on all worksheets, with it's address and sheet
no. to the txt file and close it. If you want it to strip off the user
name, you'll have to write some code to do that or
post back

Sub writeComments()
Dim mycomment As Comment
Dim mySht As Worksheet
Open "C:\Windows\Desktop\Test.txt" For Output As #1
For Each mySht In Worksheets
For Each mycomment In Worksheets(mySht.Name).Comments
Print #1, "From " & mycomment.Parent.Parent.Name _
& mycomment.Parent.Address _
& " Comes the comment: " _
& mycomment.Text
Next mycomment