divide and round up

Pammy

Sep 21, 2009, 1:40:02 PM9/21/09
I have a formula: c5/4
I want a formula to divide: c5/4 then round up to a whole number. example:

if the answer is 17.3 I want the answer to be 18.

Jim Thomlinson

Sep 21, 2009, 1:44:02 PM9/21/09
=roundup(c5/4, 0)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

Eduardo

Sep 21, 2009, 2:01:03 PM9/21/09
=roundup(c5/4,0)

hgreen...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 1:12:33 PM1/5/17
What if I want to divide cell D5 by cell B4 and then roundup?

colglbo

Jan 5, 2017, 2:54:04 PM1/5/17
=INT(C5/4)+1

colglbo

Jan 5, 2017, 2:57:45 PM1/5/17
On Thu, 05 Jan 2017 14:54:02 -0500, colglbo <bcol...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Didn't read question correctly

=INT(D5/B4)+1

hgreen...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 3:30:41 PM1/5/17
On Monday, September 21, 2009 at 12:40:02 PM UTC-5, Pammy wrote:
Very cool thanks! I also got it to work with =ROUNDUP(D5/B4,0) :)

zvkmpw

Jan 9, 2017, 2:51:43 PM1/9/17
The ROUNDUP() approach is better. For example, if D5 and B4 happen contain the same number, the desired result is probably 1, not 2.

dylano...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2017, 5:53:05 AM2/13/17
> =INT(D5/B4)+1

That wouldn't work if the result of the division is a whole number it would round up when it shouldn't

roundup is the one you'd want to use

Matt Lehodey

Apr 24, 2023, 6:00:03 AM4/24/23
Do you know how I would make the answer show as a %?

Vijay Anand. G

Jun 22, 2023, 2:28:06 AM6/22/23
i need a formula: 9.77/2 = 4.885, but i need for 4.88