Sending Custom Toolbar

Russell Somers

Apr 12, 2003, 2:42:43 PM4/12/03
Hi group,

I inherited a macrobook and custom toolbar from my predecessor. I've made a
number of changes to both macros and toolbar. Macrobook is kept in XLStart
folder, and environment is Excel 2000.

When I send the macrobook to a co-worker (as an xls file that is then placed
in XLStart) she/he gets the macros with the changes I have made. The
toolbar, however, shows up on the new person's computer without any of the
changes I've made. Does anybody know how I can send the macrobook so that
the changes I've made to the custom toolbar are retained?

Best regards,
--
Russell Somers
russell...@us.sabre.com

Dave Peterson

Apr 12, 2003, 5:31:59 PM4/12/03
Jan Karel Pieterse wrote a nice explanation of what to do when you update your
toolbar.

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=62843d50.0303130555.75d418a6%40posting.google.com
(one line in your browser)

Here's a copy with a slight typo fixed:
======================================
Hi,

Your toolbars and customisations to them are kept in a
file with the extension ".xlb".

You can also attach a toolbar to a workbook. When this
workbook is loaded, XL checks if the toolbar is on the
system. If not, it copies the toolbar from the workbook to
the system.

After creating *or changing* the toolbar, you should
attach the toolbar to your workbook:

- activate the workbook to which you want to attach the
toolbar
- Rightclick the toolbar, select 'customize'
- Click 'Attach' (Toolbars Tab)
- If the workbook already contains a toolbar by that name,
delete it first by clicking on it on the righthand side
and choosing Delete.
- Select your toolbar (on the left) and press 'copy'
- Save the workbook (optionally: save_as an add-in).

Also, You should include code that deletes the toolbar
when your workbook or add-in is closed, so that when you
deliver a new version of your workbook the new toolbar
will be used i.s.o the old one. You can do that in the
Thisworkbook module, using the Workbook_beforeClose event:

On Error Resume Next 'In case Toolbar is absent
Application.CommandBars("YourBarsName").Delete
End Sub

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel TA/MVP

--

Dave Peterson
ec3...@msn.com

Russell Somers

Apr 13, 2003, 11:40:31 AM4/13/03
Thanks very much! I appreciate the help - worked like a charm.

Best regards,
--

"Dave Peterson" <ec3...@msn.com> wrote in message