subtotal outline not working

DCR

Feb 10, 2010, 3:59:31 PM2/10/10
I have a data list I wish to subtotal and outline. What is the trick to get
the outline feature to work. All I can get are subtotals below is change in
description. Is there a view setting somewhere to see the 1, 2, 3 etc on
left side of workbook
Thanks
Duane

Dave Peterson

Feb 10, 2010, 6:18:18 PM2/10/10
In xl2003 menus:

Tools|Options|View tab|check Outline symbols

--

Dave Peterson

j...@heav.com

Feb 10, 2010, 8:58:12 PM2/10/10
hi dave
it is excel 2007. I get the subtotals but no outline. tried every method i
googled. did the group, auto outline. i know it must be a check mark or
simple setting i am missing
Thanks
Duane

Dave Peterson

Feb 11, 2010, 7:59:50 AM2/11/10
I'm sure that the same option exists in xl2007.

Office button|excel options

And look for the Outline symbols option (maybe in a view category????)

--

Dave Peterson

john wetmore

Aug 27, 2010, 3:13:21 PM8/27/10
for any of you searching for a solution.. i have found it and thought it may help someone down the road. this is for excel 2007..

go to start button, excel options, click advanced.. now go down to the secion that says "display options for this worksheet", make sure "show outline symbols if an outline is applied" is checked.

http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T003020_Hiding_Outline_Symbols.html

> On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:59 PM DCR wrote:

> I have a data list I wish to subtotal and outline. What is the trick to get
> the outline feature to work. All I can get are subtotals below is change in
> description. Is there a view setting somewhere to see the 1, 2, 3 etc on
> left side of workbook
> Thanks
> Duane

>> On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 6:18 PM Dave Peterson wrote:

>> In xl2003 menus:
>>
>> Tools|Options|View tab|check Outline symbols
>>

>> DCR wrote:
>>

>> --
>>
>> Dave Peterson

>>> On Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:58 AM j wrote:

>>> hi dave
>>> it is excel 2007. I get the subtotals but no outline. tried every method i
>>> googled. did the group, auto outline. i know it must be a check mark or
>>> simple setting i am missing
>>> Thanks
>>> Duane

john wetmore

Aug 27, 2010, 3:14:31 PM8/27/10
for any of you searching for a solution.. i have found it and thought it may help someone down the road. this is for excel 2007..

go to start button, excel options, click advanced.. now go down to the secion that says "display options for this worksheet", make sure "show outline symbols if an outline is applied" is checked.

http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T003020_Hiding_Outline_Symbols.html

> On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:59 PM DCR wrote:

> I have a data list I wish to subtotal and outline. What is the trick to get
> the outline feature to work. All I can get are subtotals below is change in
> description. Is there a view setting somewhere to see the 1, 2, 3 etc on
> left side of workbook
> Thanks
> Duane

>> On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 6:18 PM Dave Peterson wrote:

>> In xl2003 menus:
>>
>> Tools|Options|View tab|check Outline symbols
>>

>> DCR wrote:
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dave Peterson

>>> On Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:58 AM j wrote:

>>> hi dave
>>> it is excel 2007. I get the subtotals but no outline. tried every method i
>>> googled. did the group, auto outline. i know it must be a check mark or
>>> simple setting i am missing
>>> Thanks
>>> Duane

john wetmore

Aug 27, 2010, 3:14:50 PM8/27/10
for any of you searching for a solution.. i have found it and thought it may help someone down the road. this is for excel 2007..

go to start button, excel options, click advanced.. now go down to the secion that says "display options for this worksheet", make sure "show outline symbols if an outline is applied" is checked.

http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T003020_Hiding_Outline_Symbols.html

> On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:59 PM DCR wrote:

> I have a data list I wish to subtotal and outline. What is the trick to get
> the outline feature to work. All I can get are subtotals below is change in
> description. Is there a view setting somewhere to see the 1, 2, 3 etc on
> left side of workbook
> Thanks
> Duane

>> On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 6:18 PM Dave Peterson wrote:

>> In xl2003 menus:
>>
>> Tools|Options|View tab|check Outline symbols
>>

>> DCR wrote:
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dave Peterson

>>> On Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:58 AM j wrote:

>>> hi dave
>>> it is excel 2007. I get the subtotals but no outline. tried every method i
>>> googled. did the group, auto outline. i know it must be a check mark or
>>> simple setting i am missing
>>> Thanks
>>> Duane

Stan Brown

Aug 28, 2010, 8:54:51 AM8/28/10
On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:14:50 GMT, john wetmore wrote:
> for any of you searching for a solution.. i have found it and thought it may help someone down the road. this is for excel 2007..

We heard you the other four times.

And for the future, please choose more informative subject lines.
Thanks!

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

holguin...@gmail.com

May 22, 2014, 2:22:53 PM5/22/14
Thank you this worked for me even in Excel 2010. I was wondering if this option is unchecked off by default or if it was changed at some point? Thanks for your help

Regards