Links between two workbooks

1 view

baleshst

Mar 9, 2013, 12:10:03 AM3/9/13

Can anyone guide me to understand, which is the best way of linking
workbooks.

I have a master budget which pulls data from several other workbooks.

However, there are several drawbacks for such linkages. If the
destination file is opened before the source file or if someone else is
accessing the source file which i do then in such situations the
destination file give ref# error.

In short, I want to know which is the best way of linking workbooks
together.
Also, if macros could be a option.

Thanks,
Balesh