Filtering rows and disappearing chart

Marc R. Bertrand

Jun 8, 2001, 2:54:00 PM6/8/01
Hi:

With Excel '97

Does anyone know how I can prevent a chart from being either chopped-off or
disappearing when using the autofilter? I have a workbook (wich was constructed
with Excel 2000) with a chart to the right of a column of data, and when
autofiltering takes place on that column, the chart to the right stays in place
without being cut-off or resized. When I filter on my workbook with Excel '97,
the chart is cut and much smaller. What's the deal with that? Is there a setting
somewhere I missed, an option? Does my problem have to do with the fact that I am
using Excel '97, a problem which would have been corrected by Microsoft in Excel
2000. Does it have to do with the draw layer?

Thanks.

John Walkenbach

Jun 8, 2001, 3:29:07 PM6/8/01
Press Ctl, and then double-click the chart to display the Format Object
dialog. Click the Properties tab, and choose the 'Don't move or size with
cells' option.

John Walkenbach
For Excel tips, macros, & downloads...
http://j-walk.com/ss

"Marc R. Bertrand" <m_r_be...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Marc R. Bertrand

Jun 8, 2001, 3:57:07 PM6/8/01
Hi:

Thanks. I really looked twice on page 394 and page 395 to see if I was going to
find your answer below, but nope, it's not there... :)

I kind of thought a move/don't move with cells option was relevant here because I
saw it on other occasions, but since I couldn't find it on the usual chart dialog
boxes I figured the move/don't move probably didn't apply to charts. Or can I
actually show the dialog from the Wizard or some other chart dialog?

1) Is it possible to show the Format Object dialog from some menu?

2) We can select the chart area, and the plot area, etc., but is there a way to
actually select the object?

Thanks.

Marc R Bertrand

With Excel '97

Thanks.

.

John Walkenbach

Jun 9, 2001, 1:48:07 AM6/9/01
You need to select the ChartObject (which is a container for the chart). To
do that, press Ctrl and then click the chart. When the ChartObject is
selected, you can access the Format dialog box by using the Format * Object
command. Or, right-click and choose Format object from the shortcut menu.

-John

"Marc R. Bertrand" <m_r_be...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Kirmo Uusitalo

Dec 23, 2022, 2:03:46 AM12/23/22
On Saturday, June 9, 2001 at 8:48:07 AM UTC+3, John Walkenbach wrote:
> You need to select the ChartObject (which is a container for the chart). To
> do that, press Ctrl and then click the chart. When the ChartObject is
> selected, you can access the Format dialog box by using the Format * Object
> command. Or, right-click and choose Format object from the shortcut menu.
> -John

I tried to get this but to me this option is not there. When I ctrl-click on the chart and then right click there is no such option in the context menu with Edit title. I didn't find any difference if I select the chart with ctrl key pressed or not.