Normal Probability Plot

Harry McGuffin

Nov 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/12/99
Folks,

It's my understanding that there is a special type of graph paper for normal
probability plots. The y-axis is called cumulative relative frequency. Can
Excel's charting capabilities mimic this graph paper?

Harry McGuffin

Mike Middleton

Nov 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/13/99
Harry McGuffin -

One approach is described in a paper (Word doc) available from my university
web site, www.usfca.edu/~middleton, in the Data Analysis section.

- Mike Middleton

Harry McGuffin

Nov 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/13/99
Mike,

Thank you very much for your response. I read your impressive paper.

This normal probability plot graph paper referred to in The Management and
Control of Quality by James Evans and William Lindsay is not linear on its
vertical axis as your plots are, and it does not use the z values on either
axis. Data that are normally distributed will show up as a straight line on
this special graph paper. Do you have any further thoughts?

Harry McGuffin

Mike Middleton <midd...@usfca.edu> wrote in message

Philippe Marquis

Nov 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/14/99
>It's my understanding that there is a special type of graph paper for normal
>probability plots. The y-axis is called cumulative relative frequency. Can
>Excel's charting capabilities mimic this graph paper?
>Harry McGuffin

I have designed a freeware program to print plotting sheets with
various scales. Among them a probability scale is available. You can
print gauss/linear gauss/log or gauss/gauss graph paper in any size
and color. The diagrams can be copy/pasted in excell or word.

URL to download : http://perso.easynet.fr/~philimar

Philippe Marquis
Metz - France

Harry McGuffin

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
Dr. Marquis,

Thank you for this tip and thank you again for making your sofware free to
the public. I will try it out soon.

Harry McGuffin

Philippe Marquis <phil...@easynet.fr> wrote in message

raviar...@gmail.com

May 24, 2019, 8:34:43 AM5/24/19
Consider the following data & develop a normal probability graph paper & normal probability
plot:
7.9, 9.7, 10.6, 12.7, 12.8, 18.1, 21.2, 33.0, 43.5, 51.1, 81.4, 93.1