Rotation of axes in Radar Chart

TB

May 19, 2003, 1:42:12 AM5/19/03
I actually found a use for the Radar Charts in Excel! It seems to be what I
am looking for, but to really complete it, I need to be able to rotate the
graph so that the axes are at 45 deg to the page (i.e. the set of axes looks
like an X on the page, rather than +.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Andy Pope

May 20, 2003, 5:13:34 AM5/20/03
Hi TB,

You can not change the angle of the axis.

Some work arounds could be.

Save the chart as a picture and the rotate the picture in an external
app. You would have to angle the labels before rotating the picture.
The chart would no longer be dymanic.

Create the radar chart using a xyscatter and some formula. Not easy.
Not suitable if the radar chart uses filled plots.

You could experiment.
Try plotting 8 data points on your radar chart.
Now replace some values with =NA(). This works well except for the last
data point. But you may be able to use a approximate value to give you
the chart you need.

If you want to email me, off group, an example of your chart I will have
a play.

--

Cheers
Andy

http://www.andypope.info

Tushar Mehta

May 20, 2003, 7:11:04 AM5/20/03
About the best I can think of is to use the Camera tool to create a
linked image. First, you will have to get the tool onto a toolbar. Use
View | Toolbars > Customize... | Commands tab. In the Categories field
select the Tools category. In the Commands field, scroll down until you
find the Camera tool. Click-and-drag it to a toolbar. Close the
Customize dialog box.

Select the *cells* behind the chart in question. Click the Camera
button. Click-and-drag anywhere and you will get a live copy of the
selected cells, including the chart floating above the cells. Select
this picture. Rotate it using the green circular knob just above the
picture.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Microsoft MVP -- Excel

In article <U8_xa.21971$ro6.5...@news2.calgary.shaw.ca>,
tony...@shaw.ca says...

TB

May 25, 2003, 2:53:12 AM5/25/03
Thanks for the input.

I ended up doing exactly that - setting the axes test at 45 deg to the axes
using Excel, then copying the whole mess into Word, where I broke it into a
picture and rotated the axes and data, while leaving the labels intact.

Bit of a cludge fix, but it worked for the purposes I needed it for.
Probably never use another radar plot in my life!

"Andy Pope" <an...@andypope.info> wrote in message

Charles Friedo

Jul 27, 2021, 9:56:07 AM7/27/21
Hello,
I would love to share with you how to visualize your data in Google Sheets and Excel.

I used ChartExpo™ to make charts in just few clicks.

ChartExpo™ is both an Excel and Google Sheets data visualization tool.

What makes it so easy is that since it works perfectly with both spreadsheets, you can use it with your favorite spreadsheet.

You can easily use ChartExpo™ without any knowledge of coding or programming.

ChartExpo™ has over 80 visualizations in its library.

Installation Sources:

Google Sheets: https://chartexpo.com/utmAction/MTErY29tbXVuaXR5K2dzK1NCK0dHKw==

MS Excel & 365: https://chartexpo.com/utmAction/MTErY29tbXVuaXR5K3hsK1NCK0dHKw==

Regards.