Where is there an XML API?

David Dickey

Oct 15, 2002, 2:33:42 PM10/15/02
I'm writting a Win32 application that needs to save/load data. I don't
really understand XML but from I do understand it's a possible way to store
my data. (Opposed to just dumping things into flat files). OR Maybe I
should learn about serializing and just serialize my objects out into a
file...

I've using VC++ 6.0. What C++ XML libraries exist that are free?

other suggestions are appreciated. (It is preferable for the save file to
be human readable/editable)

-- David

Hrishikesh Lele

Oct 15, 2002, 3:09:50 PM10/15/02
hi,
You can use MSXML DOM . Check microsoft.com for details. Download MSXML
latest components from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.asp?ur
l=/msdn-files/027/001/766/msdncompositedoc.xml

-hrishi

Hrishikesh Lele

Email : hrish...@vsnl.net
Homepage : http://www.lelesoft.com
Home : +91 20 4359364
Mobile : +91 9823151292
MSN : hrish...@hotmail.com
"David Dickey" <Dickey...@mail1.monmouth.army.mil> wrote in message

Ben Harper

Oct 15, 2002, 3:10:20 PM10/15/02
There is a very nice, small free C++ XML library called TinyXML.
It consists of only 3 cpp files.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinyxml
It isn't near full compliance to the XML spec, but it should suit
your needs if all you want is a method to store human-readable
info. I'm using it.

Carl Daniel [MVP]

Oct 15, 2002, 3:53:03 PM10/15/02
"David Dickey" <Dickey...@mail1.monmouth.army.mil> wrote in message

As others have replied, you can use MSXML (www.microsoft.com/xml). MSXML4
rocks, simply put.

If you'd prefer something lighter (no DLL to redistribute), I very highly
recommend libxml (www.xmlsoft.org). It's straight ANSI-C, but very easy to
use (it's a fully OO design, just happens to be written in C). If you need
to load XML documents from Internet URLs, libcurl (curl.sourceforge.net)
works well with libxml and is also small and light.

-cd

Sean Gies

Oct 15, 2002, 5:45:00 PM10/15/02
Expat is a freely available, cross-platform XML parsing library:

http://expat.sourceforge.net/

-Sean

gordon smith

Apr 21, 2014, 7:49:04 AM4/21/14
Using an xml toolkit might make it easier for you if you are new to xml, the wysisyg and xml validation features will certainly help familiarise you with xml syntaxt etc.

http://www.liquid-technologies.com/xml-editor.aspx