vs7.1 Release Build of DLL causes dependency on msvcr71d.dll (Debu

rhfritz

Aug 7, 2009, 3:00:01 PM8/7/09
I needed a win32 implementation of pthreads. The code here:
ftp://sourceware.org/pub/pthreads-win32/pthreads-w32-2-8-0-release.exe
provides a VS6 .dsw/.prj for building a DLL implementing pthreads.
My application is currently VS7.1. I imported the .prj into my sln and
vs7.1 converted it. I rebuilt the solution in Release. The code builds
without warnings or errors. However, my application would now complain if
msvcr71d.dll was not available. When I substituted the pre-built VS6 DLL
provided in the distribution, the error went away. When I rebuilt the DLL in
my VS6 there was no error. And when I built the DLL in VS8.050727, there was
also no error.
I believe there is a tool that will examine a DLL and enumerate its
dependencies that should easily demonstrate this problem. I would think that
regardles of which IDE built the DLL, the interfaces/dependencies should
remain the same.
Any information welcome.