.NET Alpha/Beta Code Generator

Monte Hansen

Oct 22, 2002, 1:04:59 AM10/22/02
I have some sizable projects I would like to port from VB6 to C#.
Decompiling is not an option.

If memory serves me correctly, I seem to recall that the .Net alpha release
(Miami PDC ) , beta 1 or beta 2 ported VB6 projects to C#. Can anyone
confirm that or am I crazy? If so, which version was it, and does anyone
know if those versions will still load if I set the clock back?

Thanks in advance.

+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+
Monte Hansen
http://KillerVB.com
+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+

Robert Jeppesen

Oct 22, 2002, 4:46:56 AM10/22/02
I think if you open a VB6 project in VS-Net Release, it offers to convert.
I don't know how good this conversion is though.

--
Robert Jeppesen
MindCom AB

Monte Hansen

Oct 22, 2002, 1:08:42 PM10/22/02
Not to C#.

+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+
Monte Hansen
http://KillerVB.com
+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+

"Robert Jeppesen" <robert....@mindcom.se.nospam> wrote in message

Mickey Williams

Oct 22, 2002, 1:47:45 PM10/22/02
"Monte Hansen" <mo...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> If memory serves me correctly, I seem to recall that the .Net alpha

release
> (Miami PDC ) , beta 1 or beta 2 ported VB6 projects to C#. Can anyone
> confirm that or am I crazy? If so, which version was it, and does anyone
> know if those versions will still load if I set the clock back?

VB6 projects can be migrated to VB .NET, but there's no way to automagically
port onwards to C#. There was a betaish tool that converted C# code to VB
.NET, but I'm not sure if it was ever officially released.

--
Mickey Williams
Author, "Microsoft Visual C# .NET", Microsoft Press

Monte Hansen

Oct 23, 2002, 1:36:51 AM10/23/02
Well, if I can't remember that far back, I guess I can't expect anyone else
to :)

Monte Hansen
http://KillerVB.com

"Mickey Williams" <m...@codevtech.com> wrote in message