Converting C++ to C#

lawrence...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2014, 7:22:29 PM10/29/14
I have been handed a large application. The application was purchased from a vendor in 2004. It was written in C++ (NOT managed C++). Of course the applicaiton is mission-critical. I want to convert it to a more modern language. Even a recent of VC++ would work. I don't know much about C++ except what little I remember from a course for my MS in 1997. I know I won't get even close to 100% conversion. However, I gotta ask. Are there any converters that will modernize a significant chunk of this application to VC++ or C#?

Any help bringing this dinosaur into the modern era would be greatly appreciated!!

Thx!

--Larry--

Joss

Oct 30, 2014, 6:07:39 PM10/30/14
Ouch, Larry. That's pretty brutal. How many lines of code are you talking about?