Force IE to re-read the registry

Karin

Jan 29, 2007, 10:14:01 AM1/29/07
Does anybody knows if there's possible to force Internet Explorer to re-read
the registry for Internet Options?

I have built an Windows Forms application which changes proxy-settings in
the registry
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings). The application is build in C# and I use SHDocVw to enumerate
through running instances of IE; foreach (InternetExplorer ie in
shellWindows) {... I've tried ie.Refresh() but it only reloaded the document.
I soon get nuts, I've scanned "all of the Internet" for answers... :o)

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance!

Manish Bafna

Jan 30, 2007, 8:02:00 AM1/30/07
Try this code:

lock(this)
{
object flag = (int)12;

object nullPointer = null;
IE.Navigate(URL, ref flag, ref nullPointer, ref
nullPointer, ref nullPointer);

}
In url paramter you can give the url of the same page.I am just making a
guess, hoping this might solve your probelm.

Thanks and Regards,
Manish Bafna.
MCP and MCTS.

Karin

Jan 30, 2007, 8:25:01 AM1/30/07
Thanks Manish for your answer, but I'm sorry, It doesn't work... It only
reloads (refreshes) the document(s) inside the browser. It's the
"Tools\Internet Options\Connections\LAN settings\Proxy Server" I want to
reload (read proxy settings from registry) for each running instance of
ie-browsers.

/Karin

Chris Wilson

May 2, 2012, 12:23:01 PM5/2/12
Did you ever figure out how to do this? I have a similar problem and haven't found anything in my searching to fix it.
>> On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:02 AM ManishBafn wrote:

>> Hi,
>> Try this code:
>>
>> lock(this)
>> {
>> object flag = (int)12;
>>
>> object nullPointer = null;
>> IE.Navigate(URL, ref flag, ref nullPointer, ref
>> nullPointer, ref nullPointer);
>>
>> }
>> In url paramter you can give the url of the same page.I am just making a
>> guess, hoping this might solve your probelm.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Manish Bafna.
>> MCP and MCTS.

rcla...@pafg.org.uk

Feb 5, 2016, 3:50:24 AM2/5/16
I guess this thread died then, having the same issue

--
<http://www.pafg.org.uk>
------------------------------

This email is from Portsmouth Academy for Girls and any attachments are
confidential to the intended recipient(s) and the contents may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. If you are not an intended recipient please note that any form
of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information
within it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful, If you have received
this communication in error please notify the sender and delete the message.

This email and any attachments cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
delayed, incomplete, or contain viruses. Portsmouth Academy for Girls does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission or the consequences
thereof.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any attachments are those
of the author only and may not necessarily reflect the views of Portsmouth
Academy for Girls. Portsmouth Academy for Girls accepts no liability for
the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on
the basis of the information provided. This email and any attachments do
not create any legally binding rights or obligations whatsoever.

Although reasonable precautions are taken to ensure this email and any
attachments do not contain any viruses, Portsmouth Academy for Girls cannot
accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this
email or attachments.

Portsmouth Academy for Girls, St Mary's Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1
5PF. Telephone: 023 9281 2822

The Portsmouth Academy for Girls is part of The Thinking Schools Academy
Trust, The Rochester Grammar School, Maidstone Road, Rochester, Kent, ME1
3BY. Telephone: +44 (0)1634 843049.
Company Limited by Guarantee Registered in England and Wales. Company
Number: 7359755