Adobe PDF reader control does not work on MDI child form

David C

Jan 13, 2009, 7:03:23 PM1/13/09
When I use the PDF reader control to load file in an MDI child form,
it simply does not work. All I see is blank.

axAcroPDF1.LoadFile(@"C:\temp\initial\dddd.pdf");

This issue is discussed in this thread if you would like to look at
it.

http://tinyurl.com/87w6ns

The "solution" suggests using the WebBrowser control. That is not an
option for me since I need to access a lot of the methods of the PDF
reader control. Thank you.

Mark Doubson

Nov 3, 2011, 10:21:04 PM11/3/11
create axAcroPDF1 in MDI child form designer.cs but don't add it to MDI child form.Controls

Run-time in form load funtcion add axAcroPDF1 to MDI child form.Controls, make it e.g. Dock, LoadFile and Show