Windows Service hosting WCF Service

Charles Johnson

Apr 24, 2012, 12:21:17 PM4/24/12
I have a WCF Service hostwed in a Windows Service. I am using Transport security with mutual authentication using certificates. I can get this to work using self-signed certificates that I created for testing, but, when I move to production I would like to use the certificates that our Network Services group have already assigned to each machine. However, it seems the server does not like the client's certificate, although it seems to work fine the other way. The service is running under the LocalService account. Is there some place magic that I need to import the client cert or the associated root cert? I have seen posts talking about the 'Trusted Persons' group - How do I import a cert there that can be accessed by the service?

Charles Johnson

Apr 24, 2012, 12:31:53 PM4/24/12
Addendum: The client is getting a "The credentials supplied to the package were not recognized" error when the client attempts to invoke the service.

Charles Johnson

Apr 24, 2012, 12:31:58 PM4/24/12