Removing timestamp in WSE 3.0

F.Mondelo

Oct 26, 2006, 12:19:51 PM10/26/06

I need send a message to a Java WebService from a .NET Client. When I
use WSE 3.0 to send the message, by default in SOAP Header, WSE adds
Timestamp.

Java WebService doesn´t understand this header and I need to remove
it, how can I remove Timestamp header in WSE 3.0?

Rasika WIJAYARATNE

Oct 27, 2006, 12:47:41 AM10/27/06

You need to create a custom filter and place it at the end of the WSE
pipeline, and then get hold of the soap message, and manually remove
this element. There maybe an easier way but I haven't come across it!

1. You can create a custom SoapFilter, then a custom PolicyAssertion
that creates this custom SoapFilter and then associate the assertion to
the policy in the config file (e.g. wse3policyCache.config).

Refer to WSE 3.0 local help, url:
ms-help://MS.WSE30.1033/WSE3.0/html/2169b720-80b1-46a8-a990-7e9619de1ea9.htm

Also have a look at the sample here (c#):
C:\Program Files\Microsoft
WSE\v3.0\Samples\CS\QuickStart\Basic\CustomPolicyTraceAssertion

2. Basically once you have your custom filter in the pipeline, you can
override the ProcessMessage method of your custom SoapFilter class and
search remove the timestamp element in the soap header of the soap
envelope that is passed into this method.

Rasika.

F.Mondelo

Oct 27, 2006, 6:18:29 AM10/27/06
Thanks,

I have already your solution but it not works. The solution is to
override SecureMessage method, because Timestamp header is not in Soap
Header until the call to SecureMessage method, not in ProcessMessage.

Pablo Cibraro [MVP]

Oct 27, 2006, 9:52:02 AM10/27/06

In addition, you have to remove the option to sign the timestamp header.
Othewise, the signature created by WSE will have a reference to a
non-existing element.

Regards,
Pablo Cibraro.

"F.Mondelo" <felixm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Rasika WIJAYARATNE

Oct 29, 2006, 4:39:30 PM10/29/06
That is unusual because I already have the method I suggested earlier
working. I have placed my filter right at the end of the pipeline (this
maybe why mine works) and can gain access to the soap header object's
xml. I then get a reference to the

//wsse:Security/wsu:Timestamp

node and then remove it, and in the output xml it no longer appears.
However your method seems to be a better way to do it as to my
understanding it is removing the timestamp earlier, if not before it is
even added.

Rasika.

Saint

Sep 4, 2013, 5:32:32 AM9/4/13

Did you get any solution for this. I did override the ProcessMessage but this is removing the timestamp after the message is signed. I want to remove the timestamp before the message is signed/encrypted. In SecureMessage i m not getting the timestamp node. Plz help..