System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing

Blakey@discussions.microsoft.com Colin Blakey

Nov 7, 2006, 2:22:01 PM11/7/06
Help!

I have a system service written in C# .NET 2.0 using WSE 2.0 SP3. I'm
getting this error when the service is attempting to login to the IRS. This
code works without problems when run as a standlone app, it only fails when
run as a service. I've tried running this code under differnet account
privileges but to no avail.

The execution stakc is as follows

System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at Microsoft.Web.Services2.Xml.XmlSkipDTDReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean
preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at Microsoft.Web.Services2.SoapEnvelope.Load(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Web.Services2.OutputStream.Close()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Vertex.EFile.IRS.FMS.Login.CallLogin(LoginRequestType LoginRequest)
at Vertex.EFile.IRS.Transmission.Login()'

Any ideas?

Pablo Cibraro [MVP]

Nov 8, 2006, 9:40:30 AM11/8/06

Is WSE logging any additional information in the eventlog ?.

Regards,
Pablo.

"Colin Blakey" <Colin Bla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Colin Blakey

Nov 8, 2006, 12:36:02 PM11/8/06
Pablo,

Alas, nothing is logged in either the event logs or SOAP trace.

sdgsdg

Oct 6, 2010, 5:01:23 AM10/6/10