VS 2005 SP1 upgrade or VS 2008 for Windows 7

1 view

Vikash

Feb 22, 2010, 5:19:43 AM2/22/10
My application (Desktop + WM 5.0) is developed on VS2005.
We are testing its compatibility with Windows 7.
Shall we use VS2005 sp1 which works with Vista/Win7 or we should
upgrade to VS2008.
Please Help.

Thanks n Regards
Vikash

PvdG42

Feb 22, 2010, 10:28:19 AM2/22/10

"Vikash" <vikash....@gmail.com> wrote in message

If you're considering upgrading, why not VS 2010? You can still target .NET
2.0 if that's an issue and 2010 should go RTM in April. Unless you can find
a deal on VS 2008 that includes a free upgrade to VS 2010 (I'm not aware
that such a deal exists), I wouldn't spend $$ for 2008.