.net framework 3.5 SP1 and family update (KB951847 X64

BP

Feb 27, 2009, 11:19:02 PM2/27/09

I have a somewhat different problem with the installation of this product.
I had set my system for automatic updates. This update has been
successfully installed 14 times on my computer. I've gone to manual
updates, but Windows updater still reports this as a needed important
update. Anyone have any ideas why Updater doesn't recognize this as an
installed program and what the cure may be? I haven't found anything
Googling it, but may have used the wrong search terms.

I have the 64 bit version of Vista Home Premium on my computer if that
makes a difference.

Again, I'd really appreciate any assistance.

Slok

Sep 15, 2009, 8:07:02 PM9/15/09
Yes me and many other people have the same problem, it tries to install the
update and then just fails, would be nice to give a solution or something, I
would really appreciate it since it has been trying to install it in vane for
around 2 months now.

Slok

Slok

Sep 15, 2009, 8:12:11 PM9/15/09
Hmm Correcting myself , it installs , and then when it asks for restart it
installs it and when we login again it says it failed.

Slok

BP

Sep 16, 2009, 5:06:29 PM9/16/09

Slok - I ended up having discussions with several levels of MS support.
Some suggestions were contradictory but, other than the time it took, I was
pleased with them. (I appreciate this sounds absurd after talking about the
time it took and inconsistent advise,but the problem wasn't mission
critical, and I can understand the inconstant advice since I dealt with
different people at different levels of expertise with differing abilities
with English.) Ultimately I reinstalled Vista - I think they called it an
upgrade installation - and all is working. In fact other minor problems
were resolved.

I had a problem with another update being installed and reinstalled. The
installation history said it was successfully installed, so I "told" the
update program to ignore that update in the future. I wasn't hard to do,
but I've forgotten what and where I clicked to give that instruction. I
remember it was as easy as a right (or left?) click.

Good Luck, sorry I don't recall more about my solutions.

Flashpoint Gold

Nov 4, 2009, 9:02:02 PM11/4/09
I use Windows XP for gaming and I have this problem. It keeps installing on
automatic updates, but never truly installs and when I try to download it on
Windows Update it keeps failing. I have some games that need .Net Framework
updated so this hurting a bit.

BP

Nov 5, 2009, 7:50:43 PM11/5/09
Again, I ended up doing an "upgrade" install of, in my case, Vista.
Essentially I just reinstalled the OS over the existing OS and then
reinstalled installed all the updates. It was a PIA, but the system has
been working fine since then (knock on wood).

s1932@discussions.microsoft.com flexscan s1932

Apr 5, 2010, 2:20:01 AM4/5/10