Another setup option

1 view

John

Mar 3, 2010, 1:41:08 PM3/3/10
Hi

I need a slightly better setup option than is included in vs 2008. My
requirements are as below;

- Well enough integration into vs IDE.

- Some UI element to reduce learning curve (Wix is great but I find the
scripting daunting).

- Allows customisation of shortcut names and app target folder names based
on some variables such as app version/build date etc.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Regards

Wilson, Phil

Mar 3, 2010, 5:08:07 PM3/3/10
There's a list here with feature comparison at the end:

http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/msi/authoring.htm

--
Phil Wilson
The Definitive Guide to Windows Installer

"John" <in...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message