Problem installing .NET Framewotk.net 3.5 service pack 1 and :net framework family update

ilcercatorediinfo

Feb 2, 2009, 11:17:04 AM2/2/09
Hello. windows Update asked me to install KB951847 which was about .net
framework 3.5 service pack 1 as it's written in the subject.
After downloading and after a long time, Windows couldn't install it and
reported the following error message:

[02/01/09,21:40:59] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a: [2] Error:
Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a. MSI
returned error code 1603
[02/01/09,22:17:55] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a: [2] Error:
Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a. MSI
returned error code 1603
[02/01/09,22:18:57] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET
Framework 2.0a is not installed.

Shall I install Framework 2.0a? I tried to install FW 2.0 but I got the
same error.
Any suggestion?
Thanks

ubetido

Mar 20, 2009, 1:44:01 AM3/20/09
Same same here, has anyone got an answer for this ? My WLOC is driving me
crazy to install an update that will not install.

ubetido

Jul 20, 2009, 12:08:01 AM7/20/09
You can try this it worked for me and my machine is now totally up to date.
(1) Remove ALL .net 2.0 bits from your machine ( I used Revo Uninstaller
which you can get for free, just google and install ) Do a deep scan so that
he finds ALL, Reinstall .NET 3.5 SP! and family.... and thats it. You should
now have all relevant .net FW on your machine. Good Luck ! U

rbd

Jan 14, 2010, 5:34:01 PM1/14/10

jerr

Jan 19, 2010, 11:46:01 PM1/19/10
I have same problem. What did you do to resolve your problem?

Scottie

Feb 16, 2010, 6:54:02 PM2/16/10
This worked for me. Stop the IIS service manually in Services then run the
installation. When you are finished make sure to restart the IIS Service.