TFS issue when building an msi from vdproj that is not checked out for edit

Lothar Behrens

May 27, 2011, 4:13:48 AM5/27/11

I have a project that needs to also build a msi file often. But To do
that without error messages, I'll have to check it out for edit.

How can I do this automatically by adding a before task or dependency
to check the vdproj out for edit?

We use TFS 2010 and Visual Studio 2010 and I have installed
TFSPowerTools.

Thanks, Lothar

Lothar Behrens

Jun 1, 2011, 9:10:05 AM6/1/11

I have solved this by my self. Using a tf.exe command to checkout the
installer project after a successfull build of the application that is
included in the setup. Thus at least a remake all will help.