Sn.exe

Kyle

Feb 21, 2003, 7:22:23 PM2/21/03
I received this error, any idea?
(I'm the local Administrator for my laptop. I'm using .NET Framework 1.1.)

"Failed to generate a strong name key pair -- Access is denied"

THx!

David [MS]

Mar 27, 2003, 7:28:15 PM3/27/03
Hi Kyle,
Are you just calling sn.exe from the command line?
sn.exe -k key.snk
?

Thanks,
David [MS-SDK]

-Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only

-This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

-To provide additional feedback about your community experience please send
e-mail to: sdk...@microsoft.com
--------------------
>>From: "Kyle" <myK...@hotmail.com>
>>Subject: Sn.exe
>>Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:22:23 -1000

Kyle Chew

Mar 27, 2003, 8:12:55 PM3/27/03
Yes, I ran this sn.exe utility from command line.

THx.

David [MS]

Mar 28, 2003, 2:10:02 PM3/28/03
What OS are you running? Are you using the Visual Studio.NET command
prompt or a regular cmd.exe window?
Also, it probably won't matter since you're an admin, but have you tried
writing the file to a different directory to ensure you're not writing to a
read only directory?

Thanks,
David [MS-SDK]

-Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only

-This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

-To provide additional feedback about your community experience please send
e-mail to: sdk...@microsoft.com
--------------------

>>From: Kyle Chew <myk...@hotmail.com>

Kyle Chew

Mar 28, 2003, 3:04:02 PM3/28/03
Thanks, I got it to work now.
I rebuilt my system last week. I guess there must be a problem on my
latop before I rebuilt it.

Thanks you so much.

Reinhold Dunkl

Apr 28, 2003, 7:21:51 AM4/28/03
Hi!

I have a similar problem witch strong names:

I could not sign my assamblies using
[assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("key.snk")]
in AssamblyInfo.cs

[Compiler Error CS1548]
Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'assembly' - 'reason'
A failure occurred in a cryptographic function. This indicates a problem
with the operating system installation.

Also generating a keypair with sn.exe does not work.

What could be the problem?
What can i do to fix the problem? (without installation the operating
system)

Help!

Thanks!

Reinhold