Microsoft IE Execute shell has encountered a problem and needs to

Dean C

Apr 10, 2007, 4:22:01 PM4/10/07
I recently had .net version 2 installed to support a product that requires
.net 2. When the application is run, I get the message "Microsoft IE Execute
shell has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience".

I found that the problem is a .net problem and not an application problem.
When I tried to run IEExec.exe, I get the same message. I unistalled .net
v1.1 and repaired the .net 2 installation with no luck, same problem. Any
advice will be appreciated.

Ben Voigt

Apr 12, 2007, 9:20:35 AM4/12/07

"Dean C" <De...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Run a virus scan?

Dean C

Apr 17, 2007, 6:40:01 AM4/17/07
VirusScan is always on , but I am running a manual scan now. Since the .net
problem affects every PC on this site, I suspect that there is something in
the image (like VOIP) causing the problem.

Ben Voigt

Apr 17, 2007, 9:05:45 PM4/17/07

> VirusScan is always on , but I am running a manual scan now. Since the
> .net
> problem affects every PC on this site, I suspect that there is something
> in
> the image (like VOIP) causing the problem.

Is IEExec.exe the name of your application? I've never heard of "Microsoft
IE Execute shell" nor "IEExec.exe" before, and the naming sounds very
suspicious.

Laura T.

Apr 18, 2007, 4:27:01 AM4/18/07
IEExec.exe is standard IE helper app for zero deployment.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822485

Dean, could this apply?

http://blogs.msdn.com/robgruen/archive/2004/09/28/235074.aspx

"Ben Voigt" <r...@nospam.nospam> ha scritto nel messaggio

Dean C

Apr 18, 2007, 1:36:26 PM4/18/07
Thanks for trying. My Tech support solved the problem. We needed to download
the SDK and run the security configuration file (mscorcfg.msc). Security
configuration was previously included with the .net Framework files and the
configuration set up using v 1.1 is not carried over to the 2.0 installation.
I hope this helps anyone else.

Rayudu Addagarla

Sep 27, 2010, 12:16:29 PM9/27/10
Can you be more particular
What exactly was changed using the mscorcfg.msc tool.

did you just install/upgrade to .Net 2.0 and it worked?

Rayudu Addagarla

> On Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:22 PM Dean wrote:

> I recently had .net version 2 installed to support a product that requires
> .net 2. When the application is run, I get the message "Microsoft IE Execute
> shell has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
> inconvenience".
>
> I found that the problem is a .net problem and not an application problem.
> When I tried to run IEExec.exe, I get the same message. I unistalled .net
> v1.1 and repaired the .net 2 installation with no luck, same problem. Any
> advice will be appreciated.

>> On Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:20 AM Ben Voigt wrote:

>> Run a virus scan?

>>> On Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:40 AM Dean wrote:

>>> VirusScan is always on , but I am running a manual scan now. Since the .net
>>> problem affects every PC on this site, I suspect that there is something in
>>> the image (like VOIP) causing the problem.

Rayudu Addagarla

Sep 27, 2010, 12:18:09 PM9/27/10
What exactly was done to get rid of this message.
I see you ran the mscorcfg.msc tool.

Did you just install .net 2.0, what was changed with the config tool.

we have several issues similar with clickonce app.
not sure if users are upgrading or installing something.
but get this message with our clickonce app all of a sudden

thanks