Interface Prototypes in NET

Jeff Gaines

Oct 1, 2012, 7:59:47 AM10/1/12

I have down-loaded and am trying to understand a MSFT sample "Windows API
Code Pack 1.1".

In one of the comments it says:
To successfully import a COM interface, all inherited methods need to be
declared again with the exception of those already declared in IUnknown".

None of my interface prototypes do this, I didn't know it was necessary!
Interestingly they still seem to work though.

Is this correct?

I found a contradiction when I created a class based on the
IExplorerBrowser interface. My prototype for IExplorerBrowser defined it
as inheriting from IUnknown (rightly or wrongly) and the compiler
complained that I hadn't implemented the prototypes of IUnknown.

I would appreciate any comments or links so I can try and understand this
better!

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.