merge Drawing2d.path

metzge...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2016, 8:03:52 AM11/2/16
Hello,

how can I merge (Union) 2 path objects to a new path object?

I need the outline of the 2 combined objects as polygon.

My first try:

'local scope
Dim myGraphics As Graphics
Dim myPath As New System.Drawing.Drawing2D.GraphicsPath()
Dim myPath2 As New System.Drawing.Drawing2D.GraphicsPath()
Dim myRegion As Region
Dim myRegion2 As Region

'return the current form as a drawing surface
myGraphics = Me.CreateGraphics 'Graphics.FromHwnd(hwnd:=ActiveForm().Handle)

'create the first path and region
myPath.StartFigure()
myPath.AddRectangle(rect:=New Rectangle(x:=50, y:=50, Width:=50, _
Height:=20))
myRegion = New Region(path:=myPath)

'create the first path and region
myPath2.StartFigure()
Dim myRec As New Rectangle(x:=35, y:=45, Width:=50, Height:=30)
myPath2.AddEllipse(rect:=myRec)
myRegion2 = New Region(path:=myPath2)

'add the paths together
myRegion.Union(region:=myRegion2)

'fill the region
myGraphics.FillRegion(brush:=New SolidBrush(Color.Black), _
region:=myRegion)

but the myRegion.data object is not a polygon :-(