Re: Exposing .NET Compact Framework Components to COM

Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )

Oct 22, 2004, 8:15:05 AM10/22/04
Hi,

AFAIK interop is not implemented in the CF , I could be wrong though, I
cross posted this to
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework where you could find a
better answer.

Cheers,

--
Ignacio Machin,
ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us

"Michal Rizek" <Micha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> i found a topic in VS help describing this topic, but it is too brief.
> Does anybody know about any resource? web page, example,....

Peter Foot [MVP]

Oct 22, 2004, 9:42:43 AM10/22/04
No unfortunatly there is no support for COM callable wrappers for .NET
Compact Framework classes.

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

Do have an opinion on the effectiveness of Microsoft Windows Mobile and
Embedded newsgroups? Let us know!
https://www.windowsembeddedeval.com/community/newsgroups

"Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )" <ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us> wrote
in message news:uBwKFDDu...@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

Michal Rizek

Oct 27, 2004, 11:51:03 AM10/27/04
is it going to be supported in Whidbey CF? I mean the possibility to call
managed code from unmanaged modules?

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Oct 27, 2004, 12:17:25 PM10/27/04
There will be some COM support in Whidbey, yes. You can call into unmanaged
code from managed code right now, there's just no support for COM itself

Paul T.

"Michal Rizek" <Micha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Daniel Moth

Oct 27, 2004, 12:38:59 PM10/27/04
1. As CF 1.0 does not support COM interop, most folks recommend Odyssey's
CFCOM

2. There will be COM support in CF 2.0 (the ability to call COM from managed
code with RCWs)... In that scenario, your unmanaged code will be able to
*call back* into managed code...

3. The scenario of unmanaged code (COM) calling a managed dll (like you can
do on the desktop with CCWs), will not be supported in the CF 2.0

Although I am confident about the first two statements, the 3rd one is my
interpretation of what is not a very clear official message (various sources
contradict each other). I hope I am wrong in which case someone will surely
point it out :-)

Cheers
Daniel