Error: Cannot establish a connection. Be sure device is physically

Arif

Mar 8, 2005, 9:39:05 AM3/8/05
Hi,

While deploying using Active Sync 3.7.1, I am receiving the follwing error:

------ Deploy started: Project: Interfaces, Configuration: Debug Pocket PC
------

Deploying to Pocket PC Device using TCP Connect Transport

Error: Cannot establish a connection. Be sure the device is physically
connected to the development computer.
Mar 8, 2005, 9:59:32 AM3/8/05
Arif,

Can you see the device in Windows Explorer? Can you manually deploy the app
to the device? Can you use VS to deploy without debugging? Have you tried a
hard reset of the device?

These are some things to try.

--
Ginny Caughey
.Net Compact Framework MVP

"Arif" <Ar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hussein Ahmad

May 7, 2005, 7:52:02 AM5/7/05

i can see the device from windows explorer .
and i can manually deploy .
but VS is not able to deploy to the device .
i tried a hard reset .

i still have the same problem
please advice urgently . i have a big problem

--
Hussein Ahmad
http://HusseindotNET.BlogSpot.com

"Ginny Caughey [MVP]" wrote:

> Arif,
>
> Can you see the device in Windows Explorer? Can you manually deploy the app
> to the device? Can you use VS to deploy without debugging? Have you tried a
> hard reset of the device?
>
> These are some things to try.
>
> --
> Ginny Caughey

> ..Net Compact Framework MVP

Sergey Bogdanov

May 7, 2005, 8:00:33 AM5/7/05

Hussein Ahmad

May 7, 2005, 8:18:02 AM5/7/05
yes i have read it carefully

but i still have the problem

Sergey Bogdanov

May 7, 2005, 8:28:43 AM5/7/05
Well, in most casses it would help you... In addition I also suggest you
to see "Connectivity" part from mobile FAQ:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/prodtechinfo/devtools/netcf/FAQ/default.aspx#11.0