Multiple datasets with multiple select statements

Max

Mar 19, 2003, 7:40:49 PM3/19/03

It is possible to retrieve multiple datasets by specifying
more than 1 select statement within a SQL stored procedure.

Is is also possible to pass more than one select statement
as a command.Text? If I remember correctly, it was
possible to do so with recordsets using ADO by separating
select statements with a semicolon (select * from table A;
select * from table B).

Thanks in advance,

Max.

Manoj G

Mar 19, 2003, 11:15:29 PM3/19/03
Comments inline

--
HTH,
Manoj G

"Max" <deve...@woolworths.com.au> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> It is possible to retrieve multiple datasets by specifying
> more than 1 select statement within a SQL stored procedure.

[Manoj] No, I suppose you will have multiple DataTable objects within the
same DataSet instead.

> Is is also possible to pass more than one select statement
> as a command.Text? If I remember correctly, it was
> possible to do so with recordsets using ADO by separating
> select statements with a semicolon (select * from table A;
> select * from table B).

[Manoj] Yes , very much possible.