Case Sensitive PrimaryKeys

瀏覽次數:3 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

janofskyj

未讀,
2002年10月16日 下午4:04:562002/10/16
收件者:

I have written an application in C# that uses ADO.NET to
connect to a database that can be either an Access.mdb or
Oracle.

My DataSet has a table that mirrors a table in the
database that it is connected with. The table has a column
of type string that is the primaryKey field. The mirror
DataTable in the DataSet also defines the same field as
the primaryKey.

My problem is this:

Oracle's primary keys are CaseSensitive, therefore,
allowing more then one row to exist with the same key
field as long as the case in one or more letters in the
key is different. The DataColumn, however, does not allow
this and will not accept those because it violates
uniqueness.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Jerry J

Scot Rose

未讀,
2002年10月18日 上午10:43:172002/10/18
收件者:
There is nothing I know to do about it... I have asked someone who knows a bit more about Oracle here, but it may be a few days before I get an answer about it.
Did this work with Classic ADO? I would have thought it would have blown chunks on this as well...

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN Library at http://msdn.microsoft.com or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com

Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support
Email : sc...@online.microsoft.com <Remove word online. from address>

This posting is provided “AS IS”, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Jerry J

未讀,
2002年10月23日 下午12:38:532002/10/23
收件者:

Scot,

Did you learn anything new here? I never used 'Classic
ADO' in this manner so I can't answer your question.

Jerry J

>.

Scot Rose

未讀,