LDAP security policy enforcement

Anup Daware

Feb 21, 2008, 10:23:00 AM2/21/08
In my ASP.Net project we use LDAP for authentication purposes. I want
to enforce following security policies.
1. Mandatory password change at the time of first login
2. Mandatory password change after specific time
My question is, is there any way I can delegate this policy
enforcement on LDAP side, so when user tries to log in for the first
time if LDAP throws some error code which signifies that this login is
used for the first time, similarly if user has not changed the
password since say for one month, at the time of login if LDAP can
throw some other kind of error code to indicate this policy.
So basically, can LDAP enforce these policies and send the error code
accordingly? Or this information has to me maintained in the
application logic only using the database?

Thanks in Advance,
Anup