Strange DirectX 9.0c Update Error

ReneeFoxx

May 8, 2010, 4:30:01 AM5/8/10
I'm worried that when I run dxdiag, all sorts of error messages pop out. So,
I reinstalled the November 2008 update, but still get error messages with
dxdiag. I tried a later update, and get the following message which tells me
nothing, because the service it states is up and running, and I can't
manually verify cabinet stuff:

A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify
the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is
valid.

How can this be when all that information is supposed to be in the
installation file, and not something I can check manually? Can anybody help?
I'm not paying money for Microsoft to trouble-shoot a program that it
updates constantly. I'm afraid to completely uninstall DirectX just in case
I can't install it again.