cabinet file cannot be trusted

GobbyCato

Dec 28, 2004, 4:42:18 PM12/28/04
had sims 2 for xmas but unable to install on my computer, downloaded
directx9.o from microsoft but message comes up cabinet file cannot be
trusted appreciate any help form anyone who has had the same problem and
managed to sort this out

Jimmy S.

Dec 28, 2004, 10:56:37 PM12/28/04
Hi Gobby,

"GobbyCato" <rebec...@nospam.msn.com> wrote in message news:5521cb6049f75eb3...@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com...

Here are a few solutions for the DirectX 9 "Logo Testing" error,
as well as other errors when trying to install patches or updates:

Here's a quick solution to try before reading through the other steps:
1.. Start the Administrative Tools utility in Control Panel.
2.. Double-click Services.
3.. Right-click Cryptographic Services, and then click Properties.
4.. Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click Start.

If that doesn't work, then grab a soda and get ready for some fun. ;-)

1. Try the resolutions in this recently released MS article:

2. Save and then Open the "DX9 Logo Error" patch on Line 189
for WinXP at: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

3. Repairing Windows is our final option. Boot from your Windows
CD (you may have to press F12 while starting up, or change the
bootup order in your BIOS) and then follow the instructions at:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Good luck! :-)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User