The cabinet file cannot be trusted (Directx 9.0)/Service Pack2

Cheri

Oct 19, 2004, 3:33:00 AM10/19/04
I bought The Sims 2 about a month ago, and I still cannot
get it to install on my computer. I continue to get an
error message saying that the cabinet file cannot be
trusted when I try to download from Microsoft or directly
from The Sims 2 CD. This is so frustrating since I did
buy the game for $50.00 and would like it to work. I
found a site that suggested installing Service Pack 2 on
my computer, but I cant even get that to download....from
the internet or CD. I get an error message stating that
the file needed for installation cannot be found. I dont
understand any of this. I am thinking about reinstalling
my whole computer again and hopefully that will work.
Does anyone have any suggestions? My system is Windows XP
Professional. Thank everyone who helps.--Bye.

Jimmy S.

Oct 19, 2004, 7:24:16 AM10/19/04
Hi Cheri,

Your best solution would be to repair Windows using these instructions:

How to repair Windows XP:
Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Tim Godwin

Nov 5, 2004, 11:13:12 AM11/5/04
I am having the same problem with Full Spectrum Warrior.
Have you found a fix yet.

Jimmy S.