Problem in Windows Biometric Framework driver

Shrini

Aug 14, 2015, 4:54:07 AM8/14/15
Hi
I am an newbie so pardon my knowledge.
I am currently developing Windows UMDF driver for one of my client. As mentioned in the documentation I am using the sample UMDF provided. My client requires us to write the Sensor, Engine as well as Storage. But I am currently using Storage driver of Microsoft only
Issues I am facing are as below
1. I load the driver and it looks good in the device manager
2. From application I call WinBioOpenSession. As soon as I execute this function I see lots of messages from my Driver.cpp as well as sensor adapter dll
I see that the WBF starts calling SensorAdapterStartCapture in which I am calling IOCTL to OnCapture( I return some constants in the structure for time being)and then WBS calls SensorAdapterFinishCapture in which I do return the RejectDetail as =0. But now again the SensorAdapterStartCapture and SensorAdapterFinishCapture are called . This goes on continuously, which I believe is some issues from my sensor and driver calls
Can someone please help me resolve the issue. Kind of stuck in this for 3 days now

Thanks in advance
Shrini

Shrini

Aug 14, 2015, 8:49:58 AM8/14/15
I was now able to proceed to next level. some functions calls were at wrong location when compared to pseudo code provided.
But I am still facing issue like now after start capture--_Finish capture--> SensorAdapterClearContext is getting called by the WBF. Now this loop repeats. as given in log below. I am currently at dead end as to where to fix the issue

=================================
[6884] Sensor : SensorAdapterStartCapture CAlled
[6884] SensorAdapterStartCapture End
[5248] OnCaptureData Executed Started
[5248] WINBIO_PURPOSE_IDENTIFY recieved
[5248] OnCaptureData Executed End
[6884] SensorAdapterFinishCapture called
[6884]
[6884] Sensor : SensorAdapterFinishCapture Inside Switch = 1
[6884] Sensor : RejectDetail = 0 and WinBioHresult = 0
[6884] SensorAdapterClearContext Exection Started
[6884] _AdapterRelease
[6884] SensorAdapterClearContext Exection End
[6884] Sensor : SensorAdapterStartCapture CAlled
[6884] SensorAdapterStartCapture End
[5248] OnCaptureData Executed Started
[5248] WINBIO_PURPOSE_IDENTIFY recieved
[5248] OnCaptureData Executed End
[6884] SensorAdapterFinishCapture called
[6884]
[6884] Sensor : SensorAdapterFinishCapture Inside Switch = 1
[6884] Sensor : RejectDetail = 0 and WinBioHresult = 0
[6884] SensorAdapterClearContext Exection Started
[6884] _AdapterRelease
[6884] SensorAdapterClearContext Exection End

This above log goes on repeating till I remove the device from the USB drive. I start getting this log when from application I call WinBioOpenSession

Please help