New to Drivers

federic...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2015, 8:30:18 PM3/25/15
Dear all,

It is my first post in this forum. I am trying to build a driver that can work on XP to Win8.

The idea is to detect process execution via the PsSetCreateProcessNotifyRoutine function.

The first question is: 1) what WDK should I use for this backward compatibility (XP onwards)?

My second question is: 2) I have downloaded several samples and they don't seem to be working and Windows 8.

For example:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/2018/Detecting-Windows-NT-K-process-execution

How can I compile this sample? I am using VS2008 so my approach would be via the cmd build.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,

federic...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2015, 7:10:39 PM3/26/15
I compiled the Driver and trying to make it work but I receive a message that the driver has been blocked when calling StartService, even having disabled the Signing Enforcement.

I do not what could be going on.

Any hints?