Identify USB composite devices?

magnus.a...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2014, 2:06:20 PM11/17/14
Hello,

In the application that I work with I need to find USB devices that are connected to the PC. All devices that I search for are composite devices. My plan is to traverse the device tree with the Windows PnP Configuration Manager API.

Is there any simple way to determine if a device is a USB composite device or not?

My first attempt was to check if registry property "Service" was "usbccgp", but there are devices that do not use the USB generic parent driver (Usbccgp.sys) so it did not work.

My second attempt was to check if the registry property "Class" was "USB", but this value is shared with USB host controller, hubs and mass storage devices.