Re: Preview Outlook2007

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Feb 6, 2008, 9:17:15 AM2/6/08
Preview handlers for Outlook 2007 are only on Vista. You can't write or use
one for Windows XP.

You would have to start completely from scratch and figure out how to do
what you want.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Asim Tozlu" <Asim...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i try to show a attachments from a e-mail in Outlook.
>
> I can use a TaskPane, but that not works in a E-Mail how Word or Excel.
>
> I have file's with my extension and i want write a code for my Application
> and show this in Outlook2007.
>
> I must use XP und can' t use a Previehandle from Vista.
>
> Thanks for idea.
>
> greetings from berlin
>
> Asim

Asim Tozlu

Feb 6, 2008, 10:00:00 AM2/6/08
Hi Ken,

how works word and excel in Outlook2007 under XP. I see under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PreviewHandlers
all PreviewHandlers.

Why can't use the same Interface from Word or Excel. My testapplication in
VB6 give me an "-embedding" by a command line.

thanks

Asim

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Feb 6, 2008, 10:58:00 AM2/6/08
It does look like with Outlook 2007 you can write your own preview handler
for Windows XP, I misspoke previously.

Take a look at the MSDN magazine article about writing a custom preview
handler, it uses managed code so if you're working in VB6 you'd have to
translate what the article shows into VB6 code. The MSDN article is at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/07/01/PreviewHandlers/default.aspx.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Asim Tozlu" <Asim...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Asim Tozlu

Feb 6, 2008, 11:16:02 AM2/6/08
Hi Ken,

i found this one : http://www.azarfamily.org/previewhandlersforwindowsxp

Is a C++ Code, but works under XP. I want use C#, not VB6. VB6 using for
testing.

Thanks

Asim

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Feb 6, 2008, 11:46:48 AM2/6/08
So either translate the C++ code into C# or google for another sample in C#,
if there is one.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]