RDP: cannot install ODBC driver

Ammammata

Sep 1, 2020, 11:20:47 AM9/1/20
trying to install the driver:

Microsoft ODBC Driver 13.1 for SQL Server x86.msi
2'678'784 byte

or the newer

msodbcsql_x86_17.6.1.1.msi
2'543'616 byte

but Windows Server 2016 Standard does not allow saying

Windows installer does not allow setup from a remote desktop connection

Now, I'd ike to NOT enter the server room with a monitor, keyboard and
mouse... iadditionally the server has just a DP video output and right now
I don't have such display available

is there any trick to install the stuff?

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

Ammammata

Sep 2, 2020, 2:27:57 AM9/2/20
Il giorno Tue 01 Sep 2020 05:20:46p, *Ammammata* ha inviato su
microsoft.public.de.sqlserver il messaggio
news:XnsAC2BB07547BACam...@127.0.0.1. Vediamo cosa ha
scritto:

> msodbcsql_x86_17.6.1.1.msi
> 2'543'616 byte
>
> but Windows Server 2016 Standard does not allow saying

forgot it:
I secceeded running teh setup, but it's not compatible with the o.s.

Andreas Bockelmann

Sep 3, 2020, 5:40:02 AM9/3/20
Ammammata schrieb:
> Il giorno Tue 01 Sep 2020 05:20:46p, *Ammammata* ha inviato su
> microsoft.public.de.sqlserver il messaggio
> news:XnsAC2BB07547BACam...@127.0.0.1. Vediamo cosa ha
> scritto:
>
>> msodbcsql_x86_17.6.1.1.msi
>> 2'543'616 byte
>>
>> but Windows Server 2016 Standard does not allow saying
>>

> forgot it:
> I secceeded running teh setup, but it's not compatible with the o.s.

Yes, off course. You need x64 version of driver for x64 Windows system.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas Bockelmann