IExplorer 3.0 will not start communications (via modem) after crash

Manfred Pisecky

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98
Hello everyone!

I use Win95 with IE3.0 and have following problem:

On starting IE3 it established internet access via modem and closed
this connection after quitting IE3. But yesterday IE3 crashed while
(with the reset button) and since this time, IE3 will not establich
the comm any more. Instead he says "Cannot locate the page XY". I
found only one workaround:
If I start another internet application, as Exchange or Free Agent,
then these applications establich communications that I can normally
use by IE3. But the next time, IE3 will also fail, when he should
establich the comm by itself.

Does anyone know this problem? Is there a registry entry or a file
that I must change, delete or replace?

Please help and thanks in advance