unable to retrieve backed up Documents, music & pictures

Joe Hill

Jun 13, 2012, 4:39:43 AM6/13/12
I have backup discs from Win98, XP, and Vista Home and I am unable to retrieve the backed up Documents, music & pictures. There are always problems. Is there a way I can open these .BAK files sort through them and retrieve the information? I have pictures that are irreplaceable along with live recorded music. When my computer crashed I would just upgrade to the next OS. I have many back up sets of CD's and an external hard drive with backup sets.

siddharth jha

Jun 19, 2012, 5:28:08 AM6/19/12
On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:09:43 PM UTC+5:30, Joe Hill wrote:
> I have backup discs from Win98, XP, and Vista Home and I am unable to retrieve the backed up Documents, music & pictures. There are always problems. Is there a way I can open these .BAK files sort through them and retrieve the information? I have pictures that are irreplaceable along with live recorded music. When my computer crashed I would just upgrade to the next OS. I have many back up sets of CD's and an external hard drive with backup sets.

If it is .bak file then you might wanna use Windows in built recovery feature to recover those files.

Go to Control panel - look for backup and restore. While restoring from CD/DVD chances are that you cannot restore individual volumes but the whole folder.