Problems on deploying msmdpump.dll on Server 2003 (error 500 and 503)

Yvette Teiken

Aug 31, 2007, 4:19:20 AM8/31/07
Hello,
I am trying to access Xmla via http.
For development I deployed msmdpump.dll in the IIS on my local XP,
everything works fine. Than I tied to deploy it on our local Win 2003
Server and this makes some trouble. I followed a German white page for
deploying. When I use the IE to access msdump.dll I get the usually
soap-error-message, that only Post-Request are supported. When I try to
do a post request from my own .Net application, I get a soap-error that
says Connection refused, fault code “ XMLAnalysisError.0xc1010000” and
Error Error Code="3238068224" Description="System error. (Rest is in German)
Based on the error code I thought that it might be a permission problem.
So I changed rights for IUser on SQL Server 2005 and on Analysis
Services. I also grant IUser full permission for my virtual directory.
(For testing only) This caused a strange error as result I got a 503 on
my client application when executing a Post Request and my ISS stopped
execution of msmdump.dll in the application pool. I was not able to find
a helping error message in my log Files.
When I create a new virtual directory I get the first error message again.

I don’t know what to do next, perhaps someone can help me, thanks in
advance. If you need further information just ask.

Yvette