This is how to repair MDAC 2.8 on WinXP with SP2

Trev

Nov 12, 2004, 3:41:24 PM11/12/04
OK, how to repair a copy of MDAC 2.8 on WinXP with SP2 installed

first, locate the mdac.inf file in c:\windows\inf right click and
install
when prompted for a location, point to
c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 then when prompted for the XPcd,
either load the cd or point to c:\i386

hey presto, this reinstalls / repairs MDAC 2.8

:D

pmac2k

Jan 24, 2005, 6:21:02 AM1/24/05
you could possibly be the most loved person in the cyber world. Thanks,
saved me a lot of problems

giuseppe

Aug 7, 2005, 8:36:20 AM8/7/05
Thank you very much. It works. I finally came out from this hell...

Trey

Mar 25, 2008, 1:24:01 PM3/25/08
God bless you, believe it or not, we have been struggling with this issue for
years!!

JeffM

Jul 30, 2008, 2:51:01 PM7/30/08
This works!