how to develop a custom Ole DB Provider?

greenxiar

Jun 3, 2010, 4:31:04 PM6/3/10
I am trying to write a custom atl ole-db provider with VS2010.

I have changed nothing of code created by provider wizard.
The project pass test of ole-db consumer class created by wizard.

But when i test it in CLR C++ and C# project (with OleDbConnection),
it report an error as "Non-NULL controlling IUnknown was specified,
and either the requested interface was not IUnknown,
or the provider does not support COM aggregation".

After i delete the registery entry OLEDB_SERVICES,
then the project pass C# and CLR C++ tests.

What wrong with OLEDB_SERVICES setting?

When i register my custom provider in SQL Server linked server,
it always report error as "The OLE DB provider XXX has not been registered".
(I saw my provider listed in the dropdown combobox of creating wizard)
Does oledb provider for sql server distributed query should meet some
special requirment?

My question is, how to develop a custom Ole DB Provider
for .Net and SQL Server?

Thanks

greenxiar

Kenneth A. Larsen

Jul 9, 2010, 6:31:37 PM7/9/10

"greenxiar" <gree...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>You're welcome.

besty...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2013, 8:44:13 AM9/16/13
Did you get solved it or not? I am running in to the same case now:(