Microsoft Access 2010 x64 drivers & registry entries.

Jamie Clayton

Jun 16, 2010, 8:37:04 PM6/16/10
G'day,

I've downloaded the x64 edition of the Office 2010 drivers, hoping to
upgrade my .net applications that interact with Excel data files to a x64
solutions.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C06B8369-60DD-4B64-A44B-84B371EDE16D&displaylang=en

When I install the x64 edition it doesn't seem to add any entries to the
registry location I expected to see the entries.

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access Connectivity
Engine\Engines\Excel" but rather to the x86 registry location,
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access Connectivity
Engine\Engines\Excel".

I really thought that Microsoft were releasing x64 OLEDB drivers that
interacted with all current and previous editions of office data in this
edition, so I'm a little confused. Is this the correct registry entries for
Access 2010 drivers?

Kenneth A. Larsen

Jul 9, 2010, 6:30:16 PM7/9/10

"Jamie Clayton" <JamieC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message