south

6487...@qq.com

Jul 20, 2010, 4:11:30 AM7/20/10
Hello,
We face strange problem connecting from SSIS to DB2 on AS400.

We are connecting with SSIS (SQL2005) OLE DB source component to DB2/AS400
database using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 (version 7.0.2413.0).
Recently, we encountered a problem, that when we run a query against the DB2
database, the query never responds or timeouts. It just keeps hanging,
without any response. After we modified the query (e.g. adding an extra
column or using * instead of column names), the result is returned in a
couple of seconds. (Sometime it helps to insert new row in tha table and then
the query starts working.)
[...]

Mary Chipman [MSFT]

Jul 21, 2010, 7:51:24 AM7/21/10
You'll probably get a better response if you post on the Host
Integration Server forum -- that's where the DB2 experts hang out:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkhis/threads

--Mary