db2/as400 - query does not respon and ignores timeout

eXavier

May 10, 2010, 9:11:01 AM5/10/10
Hello,
We face strange problem connecting from SSIS to DB2 on AS400.

We are connecting with SSIS (SQL2005) OLE DB source component to DB2/AS400
database using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 (version 7.0.2413.0).
Recently, we encountered a problem, that when we run a query against the DB2
database, the query never responds or timeouts. It just keeps hanging,
without any response. After we modified the query (e.g. adding an extra
column or using * instead of column names), the result is returned in a
couple of seconds. (Sometime it helps to insert new row in tha table and then
the query starts working.)

We encountered this problem on production (x64) server as well as on
development (x86) machines.
The connection string we use is like this:
"Data Source=computername.network.com;User ID=username;Initial
Catalog=XYAS400;Provider=DB2OLEDB;Persist Security Info=True;Network
Address=computername.network.com;Package Collection=QGPL;DBMS
Platform=DB2/AS400;"

Is it any known issue? It causes serious problem to our data warehouse. Does
anyone encounter similar behavior? Any help appreciated.

eXavier

Kenneth A. Larsen

Jul 9, 2010, 6:34:15 PM7/9/10