SQL Server Compact Edition OLE DB errors

j.m.

Apr 8, 2010, 3:55:01 PM4/8/10
I am having trouble working with SQL Server Compact Edition version 3.5 SP1.

1. Where can I get information on all of the connection string options for
this provider?

2. when I attempt to do a simple select * from <table>, I get an error
"Unsupported Conversion" from OLEDB. I don't know why I am getting this
error, I was wondering if it could have something to do with my connection
string.
Here is the string that I am using:

Provider=Microsoft.SQLSERVER.CE.OLEDB.3.5; Data
Source=e:\ProjectData\MailMergeDatabase.sdf

(note, I'm not sure if the "provider" parameter is correct -- I am using
3.5/sp1. Do I need to specify SP1 somehow?

Kenneth A. Larsen

Jul 8, 2010, 7:06:10 PM7/8/10

"ErikEJ" <Eri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you are using managed code, use System.Data.SqlServerCe ADO.NET
> provider.
>
> The OLEDB provider from a .NET app has some issues with ntext and image
> columns, that is why your select * fails.
>
> Connection string parameters here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlserverce.sqlceconnection.connectionstring.aspx
>
> For the OLEDB provider, use the ssce: prefixed values.
> --
> Erik Ejlskov Jensen - MCTS: Mobile App Dev

I think so! I don't know.